2015 Suzuki Hayabusa
More than a decade ago; Suzuki developed a machine so unique that it instantly attracted a devoted following around the world. Like its namesake; the Japanese peregrine falcon; the Hayabusa is famed for cutting through the air with incredible agility and performance.
Through countless engineering refinements of the original design; the Hayabusa spirit has endured. In 2014; the model received Brembo Monobloc high-performance calipers and an Antilock Brake System. Its incomparable performance delivers a fun and sporty ride at any speed; setting the bar high for rivals and defining the “Ultimate Sport Bike.” The radically original yet timeless styling also reflects the spirit of the person who owns a Hayabusa. Its sensational power; speed; smooth ride and overwhelming presence continue to fascinate owners and onlookers alike. Because the Hayabusa is; and always will be; the ultimate sport bike.
*The ABS is a supplemental device for brake operation; not a device for shortening stopping distance. Always remember to reduce speed sufficiently before approaching curves.
Features May Include
- Lighter and more rigid than conventional bolt-together calipers; the Hayabusa's top-of-the-line radial-mount Brembo Monobloc front brake calipers deliver better feedback to the rider. Piston diameter was enlarged from 32-30mm to 32-32mm. Larger pistons help apply greater force to the brake disc; which results in increased initial bite and a more controlled feeling
- The standard equipment Antilock Brake System (ABS) unit features a lightweight; compact design. The ABS enhances brake performance by helping prevent; to a certain extent; wheel locking due to changes in road conditions or excessive braking; by matching stopping power to available traction.
- A 1340cc in-line 4-cylinder fuel injected; DOHC liquid-cooled engine with 16-valves and Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers (TSCC) provides phenomenal power and broad torque delivering breath taking acceleration.
- S-DMS (Suzuki Drive Mode Selector) allows the rider to choose from three different engine settings depending on riding conditions or rider preferences.
- KYB inverted cartridge forks feature a Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) coating surface treatment on the 43mm stanchion tubes to reduce friction and increase reaction to small surface irregularities. Spring preload; compression damping and rebound damping are fully adjustable.
- The Hayabusa's instrument cluster features four analog meters for speedometer; tachometer; fuel gauge and water temperature with an S-DMS mode indicator; gear position indicator and adjustable engine-rpm indicator.
- Vertically stacked twin headlights provide increased light intensity; improved light distribution and match the elegant flow of the Hayabusa styling.