2016 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS
The Suzuki V-Strom 650 was designed with more than comfort in mind. Over the previous generation; it enhanced the running performance and in-town versatility of the popular V-Strom brand. The 645cc; v-twin engine features outstanding performance in low-to mid rpm range and has impressive styling that stands out in form and function. The V-Strom 650 ABS is an environmentally friendly vehicle that has excellent fuel economy for daily commuting and weekend touring. The Suzuki V-Strom 650 is just what you dreamed of to tackle on your exotic getaway.Features may include:
- Antilock Brake System (ABS)* unit features a lightweight; compact design. The ABS monitors wheel speed; and matches stopping power to available traction.
- 645cc; liquid-cooled engine features V-Twin torque plus high rpm power for complete riding enjoyment. This efficient engine delivers high mileage for class-leading touring range.
- Advanced 32-bit ECM controls the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) and EFI systems; contributing to linear throttle response and peak power.
- Strong; dual iridium spark plugs for each cylinder improve engine start-up; power and plug life.
- The compact radiator is flanked by patented plates that enhance cooling efficiency and direct heat out of the side vents away from the rider’s legs.
- The 6-speed transmission suits sporty rides with tight 1st through 5th gear ratios and a tall top gear (6th gear) for highway cruising.
- Low-maintenance; long-life sealed O-ring drive chain is standard and produces minimal sounds while riding.
- Lightweight and rigid twin-spar aluminum-alloy frame and swingarm contribute to smooth handling performance and excellent stability at high-speeds.
- Spring-preload-adjustable 43mm-stanchion-tube front forks and link-type rear suspension with rebound damping adjustment as well as a hand-operated spring preload adjuster.
- 19-inch front and 17-inch rear radial tires specifically designed for the V-Strom 650 ABS and mounted to lightweight; but strong; three-spoke cast wheels.
- Front dual 310mm-disc brakes and rear 260mm-disc brakes deliver smooth; controllable stopping power. Expansion-resistant high-pressure brake hoses enhance the responsive brake feel.
- A 3-way height-adjustable windscreen was carefully shaped through extensive wind tunnel testing so it efficiently reduces wind noise and rider fatigue.
- Functional seat combines red-stitched leather-look sections and suede-look; slip-resistant surfaces; and is topped off with an embossed V-Strom logo.
- A lightweight; one-piece; resin luggage carrier with well-shaped; easy-to-grasp grab bars comes with a slip-resistant rubber mat.
- Instrumentation includes an analog tachometer and brightness-adjustable LCD speedometer.
- LED indicators on the dash include a road freeze warning indicator; which; together with the ambient temperature display; helps riders’ awareness of road conditions.
- LCD readouts on the multi-function dash include odometer; dual trip meter; gear position; coolant and ambient temperature; average fuel consumption; fuel gauge and clock. Switching between LCD readings can be done with the left handlebar switch.